Thursday, December 3, 2009

Not going to end with rainbows again

To recap, I already got two new bump announcements this week. One in an online conversation, one from a friend who insisted we chat via videocam (although his insistence we talk! meant I already knew what was coming up).

And tonight JD told me of another friend. Except of course he used a horrified tone because they're quite religious, and, well, they haven't even been married for 13 weeks so they're obviously not up on basic deocorum like waiting until the end of the first trimester to spill the beans to tangential friends. And not only do they obviously have no fertility issues, they're absolutely clueless about giving birth in the city, the cost of raising a child, basic supplies. And yet we're supposed to smile and congratulate them.

Oh, and another highly suggestive e-mail from a friend. You know, "we should talk soon."

So in the past 2 weeks the count is up to 4 confirmed bumps, 2 suspected (and least you are wondering we don't have that many friends total).

See why I need more photos of rainbows? I truly have nothing nice to say. If I had a bigger heart, I would be happy for them. I'm not. At least not yet.

Back in a few days.

No comments: