Thursday, July 23, 2009

whoops

Slight improvement. I may not win any mothering prizes this week, but I made the strategic decision to drop the fusspot at daycare since her fever broke yesterday evening and spend the day in bed.

With a 103 fever and rising plus the aches, I thought it better for me to rest than to keep her home for the day. So after dragging myself out of bed and taking her to daycare, I strategically placed everything I needed for the day in bed: 2 nalgenes of water, tylenol, laptop to call husband and whine (always therapeutic for me - unfortunately not so good for him as he tends to get really mad when there's nothing he can do to help). Everything in place, I took a long, long nap.

And then, just as I was about to run out to get the fusspot I thought: what have I forgotten today?

(any guesses?)

Oh, right. To pump. Fingers crossed that I haven't just made the situation a whole lot worse.

4 comments:

Baby Smiling In Back Seat said...

Taking care of both of you is an excellent mothering decision.

Feel better soon!

ICLW

Me said...

I can't tell you how many times I've just totally flaked on pumping for the day - either because I'm sick, or dealing with a family emergency or something. It has hurt my supply for a day, but it seems to bounce back (and I've struggled with supply issues the whole time). I'm sure it will be okay! Feel better soon. - Tkeys *ICLW*

Flutterby918 said...

Hi from ICLW - just read up on your last couple posts - it must be so difficult to parent while so ill, I am glad you are starting to feel better!

jenn said...

good for you- a healthy mommy is a much happier/better mommy! it's hard enough being 'on' 24/7, add in being sick & it's herculean!

I'm sure you'll bounce those boobs right back. it seems to take a few days for my boobs to adjust to either adding or dropping a feeding.hopefully yours are similar!