or some such analogy.
JD e-mailed to say that a hot young woman tried to talk to him on the subway yesterday. Given JD's well-known tact and rather deeply ingrained resistance to new social interactions, he was worried that he might just have "scared" her.
I, on the other hand, was all smiles and friendly when I finally got the chance to talk to another mother picking up at daycare. An English speaker no less. I did notice the bump, but it did not seem particularly large and the woman in question was carrying her baby (only under-2s in my daughter's classroom ...) and seemed quite comfortable. We exchanged e-mail and I expressed interest in a playdate sometime. You gotta give me points for obliviousness. She wrote back to say any day this week would be great because she's, you know, full-term, and already out on maternity leave and just trying to pass the time until the new baby.
I know it's silly to be jealous of bumps, and those bumps quite quickly turn into babies and I happen to have the. most. adorable. one. of those already, but seriously? What infertile surrounds herself with quite this many bumps in a single week? Playdate with an about-to-pop bump. Drinks on Thursday where 2 people RSVP'd "X and bump" will be there. A "babies and bumps" group next week. As JD would say, good thing I still have a good deal of my former bump still in place ...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I get a kick out of you being more "Social," hee hee.
Re: your comment on my blog . . .
I had thought about posting photos flashing back to the first few days, but to be truthful it was way too painful to do so. I looked at them yesterday, and promptly burst into tears, thinking about how gruesome it was to watch her grieve, and how there was so little we could do to help comfort her.
I am glad people like you remember, though, and can truly appreciate how far we three have come.
Post a Comment