Sunday, July 12, 2009

Sweet but sad

The fusspot says good-night to her daddy. She is grinning (and only swaddled from the waist down!) because he is singing her his good-night song ("Sleepy-sleepy baby go to sleep." I don't think there's a second verse).


I can't believe he's only been gone a week. Of course, I also am slightly suspicious that there is some conspiracy theory behind the fusspot getting her first real cold almost immediately after he left.

On the weekends I have started calling him and talking to him when I nurse her to sleep - just like I would in New York. She does the same back-and-forth-great-tennis-match moves as she would if we were in the same room. And she has finally noticed his face 'in the computer.' Very sweet, but not exactly ideal parenting conditions when you have a cold, hard laptop on the far side of the bed (the very side of the bed we're still avoiding ...)

4 comments:

LadyofAvalon56 said...

That is very sweet. I can see her grin from here and wow is she sitting up well!

Hope she feels better soon.

Io said...

Oh lord, that is beyond cute! I know it's not ideal, but it's pretty amazing what technology can do!

Wordgirl said...

that is sweet...I have to say that skype is wonderful invention...I wish we'd had it when W was little -- it would have be wonderful on the weeks away from the other parent...a smile on someone's face conveys it all...

Ms. J said...

Could you put up a video clip of Fusspot giggling as she listens to Daddy?

ADORABLE :O)