maybe it's just the stress which is decreasing my milk supply. My normally cheerful baby who falls asleep with milk dribbling out of her mouth has been fusing and fussing and endlessly latching on. And I can barely get 3 ounces when I pump.
All I want to do is to crawl into bed for a few days. I don't want to teach this week. Or spend hours on a train. Or waltz my sister around NYC like her visit is my only concern in the world. Or nag my husband about booking a vacation for us before the price of plane tickets results in the inevitable 'let's just go to my parent's house.' Or take my baby to be weighed and vaccinated on the first week she's had eating issues since she was a newborn. Or think about finding housing in Europe. Or spend time shushing my baby so I don't disturb the people around us.
I just want to crawl into bed.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Move over . . . I am crawling in with you. And bringing wine with me, hiccup.
Oh hey, is there room for a third?
I, too, seem to be suffering from a lower milk supply and just. don't. get. it. I went from pumping and getting 6 oz from each side to pumping the same number of times and getting 4.
I am also stressed. Not for the same reasons as you, of course, but others that I have decided not to blog about. If it is stress that's lowering my supply, I'm in for it because this stress isn't going anywhere anytime soon.
So..move over for a third. I'll bring chocolate and munchies (kosher, of course!).
Ugh! Sounds like you need a break. Schedule that vacation pronto girl. :)
Try and get some rest...even with that crazy schedule of yours.
I'm so sorry things are awful right now. Wish I could think of something to help.
Maybe the baby's just going through a growth spurt, which makes it seem like your supply is dwindling when really it's getting ready to ramp up again? M used to have those times where she just could not get enough to eat (drove me nuts!). Life would suck for a week or two, then things would even out.
Hang in there. You're doing awesome.
Post a Comment