Sunday, February 8, 2009

It's 3 am and I'm angry ...

[which is to say anything I say at 3 am should be taken in moderation].

I am pissed at my MIL. And then, I'm mad at myself for being so petty. After all, she came yesterday to watch the baby so I could work. And then she and JD conspired to convince me to leave the baby and go out to dinner with JD and friends, when it would have been just fine to bring the baby along ... oh wait, didn't we have the same post two weeks ago? And it was nice to go out to dinner. Of course, when the wait was 2 hours by 8 pm on a Saturday night, I ran home and breastfeed the baby (again) and then came back to the restaurant ...

But what I'm pissed about is that I explicitly told my MIL no diaper rash cream. I really do try not to micromanage, but there are people who love to smear cream on their baby's bottoms every time they change them no matter whether it's necessary. And that's totally fine. Except, when you are using the most exorbitantly expensive (and much beloved bu.mge.nius) cloth diapers. Because, see, diaper rash cream ruins these cloth diapers. Which isn't such a big problem because if the baby has bad diaper rash it's a good idea to switch to disposables for a day or two to let it clear up. But what's annoying is:

a. My baby doesn't have diaper rash
b. I specifically remembered to HIDE the diaper rash cream so it wouldn't tempting. Which means that not only did my MIL forget my instructions but she then went through TS's entire room to find the cream.

So now we're out at least $50 to replace the diapers. And JD is mad at me for criticizing his parents. And I'm annoyed at the whole situation.

Happy thoughts and photos coming tomorrow.

4 comments:

Artblog said...

Arrrrgh, MIL and their sons! I cant beleive she looked for the cream!

HUGS

Paranoid said...

Ah, MILs. Nobody else can be so exasperating, even when they mean well.

Is it too much to hope that she'll replace the diaper(s)?

Ms. J said...

This is a definite GRRRRR!

Soña said...

Ugh - this is nightmare as we try and convince family that we are in fact going to cloth diaper. I've read that it's possible to re-strip a BG that has diaper cream on it, usually courtesy of the grandparents and I've also read about several kinds of cloth dipe friendly creams. Maybe a mix of making them re-strip the diapers in their washing machine and buying cloth dipe friendly cream is just punishment?