Good news first: my milk is back. In fact, back in force because of all the pumping I've been doing. Poor TS spent a good half hour screaming on the train because I was so engorged she couldn't eat. And of course, I did not have a pump with me (nor is there anyplace to pump there ...) so I expressed milk into her mouth. Needless to say, we were a bit messy by the time we got to Penn Station.
I do wonder if part of the stress was related to our visitor early this week. I have many, many thoughts about that but I'm not sure the internet is an appropriate place to air them. Needless to say, I yet again failed to prepare properly for the visit and snapped several times. But at least TS met her aunt this year.
I went to the Met earlier this week with TS. Since none of the bathrooms have chairs, the options to breastfeed there are the cafeteria or in a gallery. I decided to head to a very deserted, quiet gallery on the 2nd floor. Just as I'm sitting down to breastfeed, the museum guard comes hustling over. I was a bit nervous she was going to ask me not feed TS (who was by this point rather loudly protesting the delay) or tell me it was inappropriate to breastfeed in a gallery. Instead, she very kindly asked if this spot was comfortable enough and if I need anything. Really! And then later when I was done she came over to admire the fusspot. It's always nice when people are most unexpectedly kind.
I got my final bill from the hospital for TS's delivery. Over $4000 for 'room and board,' which makes me a bit peeved since, well, as I recall there was no 'board' at all, and I was hungry the entire time I was there (yes, of course I brought food to eat while in labor but I really wanted fresh food and I was starving overnight).
Speaking of food, my aunt suggested that I look as if I am working on #2 at the moment (Not a chance). Which is to say, my belly has recently returned in force. I'm hoping my self-control comes back next.
Tomorrow is our '2 month' appointment. Shots and weigh-in. I am far more nervous about the latter than the former.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Good luck at your appointment. We have our four month appointment, tomorrow!
What a lovely experience you had at the Met. That's very refreshing. Hey, if your self-control comes back, ask it if it's seen mine because I've been missing it.
I'm so glad your milk is back! Congrats.
Post a Comment