Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Very proud

of myself, of course. I am exceedingly proud of having shown up to acupuncture and willingly allowed a stranger to put a series of needles into my body. I have a lot of control issues with needles and I would far rather do anything painful or unpleasant to myself than allow someone else to; I think it comes from having been a rather sick little kid with a lot of doctor's appointments. Not only did I do my own injections for IF and blood draws for GD, but I can also put in my own IV and routinely take them out. But today I was calm and relaxed and I survived acupuncture.*

Rewarded myself with a quick little shopping trip to TJ Maxx, where I was supposed to find new hand towels. Needless to say, instead of hand towels, I bought a baby outfit.

Oh, and I also passed another ultrasound and NST.

* Yes, still a skeptic but the acupuncturist claims to have an 85% success rate for labor induction. We'll see.

1 comment:

Rachel said...

Good job!

Having never experienced accupuncture I am dying to ask the obvious: Did it hurt?