On the couch, that is. Same as yesterday and the day before. Oh, and all night too.
Called the pediatrician again in a panic when I couldn't wake the baby after 4+ hours. Apparently my whole pediatric practice discussed this case at their meeting this week because a doctor I had never met called me back about 60 seconds after I left the message and knew quite a bit about what was going on. She did calm me down a bit, but it's quite terrifying when even ice cubes on your newborn's stomach don't't cause her to stir.
The radiator in our apartment is broken. Drs. Google suggest being careful not to overheat a sleepy baby.
And yesterday night JD, my mother and I lit hanukkah candles together. Our daughter's first night of hanukkah and she slept through it all. And I managed not to cry during the candle lighting (JD and my mother are on too high alert for PPD) but I did cry for at least an hour after they were all in bed. My little miracle baby. The cycle no one wanted to finish, that my RE allowed us to complete 'so that I would feel better.' The cycle with 30 follicles where the trigger had to be moved up because I was leaving the country. The trigger shot I carried in my purse to a conference, and ran out during a Q and A to have student health administer the shot because I didn't have time to run home and use my full length mirror. The cycle JD had to buy a last minute plane ticket up to NYC and came home rather drunk on Saturday night after catching up with his friends. The first time I -ever- ovulated. We have so much to celebrate - now if only I could get enough rest to remember it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
She definitely seems to be a baby destined to be yours!
Just wondering ... you mentioned occupational therapy for the baby? What for? What do they do? I hope I don't seem nosy, but since you mentioned it I was concerned. I have never heard of a baby so young being involved in any kind of physical therapy situation.
You're a trooper with all of this pumping and feeding and schedules!
Hey, have you raided the freezer for those desserts you saved for after the pregnancy was over?!
It's the let down. After teh truma, the feelings. let 'em flow.
It doesn't seem as if you think so, but you are doing an amazing job. I don't have personal experience, but I'm pretty sure this part is difficult for most new mothers. When it's hard, though, I agree with Sarah that you need to let your emotions flow; don't hold it in.
I'm glad you spoke with a pediatrician who was able to give you some comfort. I'm keeping you in my prayers...
My now 15 year old 5'3" 115lb daughter (high honor student, nationally ranked in her sport, all around really great kid),weighed 5lb10oz at birth but by 24 hours was under 5 lbs and fell even more in the days following. I din't have an IV so we had no excess water from that to blame, maybe some slight excess water due to slightly high blood pressure. I had a laid back pedi who was a firm believer in breast feeding and no supplementation so we just waited it out. At a year she was 17 lbs. We woke her up (NEVER an easy task) 2X per night to feed once she started sleeping thru the night at 6 months. As a newborn we tried and failed to wake her to feed - starting in the hospital where ice, nakedness etc didn't rouse her a bit. Pedi got her our of hospital quick and reassured that the "10% rule" is arbirtary and that there are a whole lot of overweight babies out there and that that can lead to long term problems. Earlier generations of babies were not gaining weight so quickly and in fact they have revised the weight charts due to fat kids! In the end all the worry was for nothing. She was 5th percentile or below her whole childhood - hit purbery ar 13 and gained 40 lbs in 18 months. And my pedi just laughed and said I told you so!!
Post a Comment