Thursday, December 4, 2008

The little things we forgot

My midwife's office is tiny. Two midwifes. Which is great because you know exactly who will be catching babies on any given day.

But ... when the midwives are both out catching babies sometimes they have to reschedule all their appointments ... which is not so easy when you're quite as overbooked as I am:
- No, I cannot skip my NST in the morning.
- No, I cannot reschedule it.
- No, I would prefer not to cancel acupuncture because they charge for cancellations (I love that insurance will help pay for the appointment but not a cancellation caused by another medical appointment).
- No, you CANNOT double-book me for an appointment I already have next Tuesday afternoon (i.e. an appointment with the midwife. No wonder they are always running so late when they offered me the exact appointment I already have ... maybe I should have taken it just to try and keep them on schedule).

Oh well. Clearly no baby coming out this week, so I guess I can just wait. Of course, I still have to run over to the office and pick up my records to bring them to my afternoon appointment ...

No comments: