Monday, December 8, 2008

Strategy #1 in progress

Update: Roses and sour cream and onion chips were just delivered to me. Of course, he forgot one of the two items I actually needed.

I think
I just got JD's attention. Let's hope so.

He usually calls before he leaves work to check if I'm at home or still at my desk. So tonight I told him I need him to stop and pick some stuff up on his way home. [This is so exciting, right?] Except I told him I want 2 items from our 24-hour corner supermarket - 2 blocks from our apartment, and the type of place I am totally comfortable running out to in my pajamas.

He was like "Woah, not feeling well enough to go out yourself?" And the truth is I'm just not feeling inspired to go out myself. I had a sudden realization during acupuncture today (which I enjoy if just because it gives me 30 minutes of silence to think and not feel guilty about not doing things)* that this might very well be my last week to be pampered for a while. For example, I really didn't feel like cooking dinner tonight. I could have splurged and ordered out, but that tends to be more frustrating than rewarding at this point given how few foods I can eat. So instead I had a repeat of breakfast (and since I skipped lunch because of a late appointment that makes it the most boring food day ever - 2 mini whole wheat bagels with cream cheese, 2 bowls of plain lowfat yogurt, 2 small bowls of plain cottage cheese and a few pomegrante seeds for dessert). But wouldn't it have been great if someone had offered to cook dinner for me?

And yes, JD is working 12 hour days and all, but he needs to squeeze in a little time to pamper me. So we'll see if he gets the message. Oh, and this (rather expensive) 24-hour supermarket just happens to have beautiful flowers out front. I know because we've twice brought flowers to bring to other people since moving ... so we'll see if JD gets the hint. Of course, I'm not expecting that much improvement in a single night.

Don't worry, I have several other ideas up my sleeve if this one fails.

* And yes, Rachel, I think it hurts when they put the needles in. Certainly the needles in my feet, but it doesn't hurt once they're in and not at all when they take them out. The acupuncturist always tells me not to tense up when she puts in the needles, but, um, really?

1 comment:

Rachel said...

Hmmm...no post yesterday and none yet today? I'm hoping this means something good! I'm thinking about you today...

Thanks for letting me know about the accupuncture. I just don't see how I could be relaxed knowing I was going to spend several minutes with someone who was sticking needles into me so I would certainly be anxious at the beginning. Good to know it's not constant pain, though.