Tuesday, November 25, 2008

You've got to laugh - add one more thing to the pile

Well, my mother seems to be on a mission to make sure we donate our cord blood. She works in a field related to this and is a big advocate for organ donation, etc. so she seems to have done all the calling around and I just got a phone call from a donation place with 'a few questions for me' and the paperwork is apparently already in the mail.

I'm really glad my mother took care of this because I'm happy to do it but it honestly wasn't at the top of my list given everything else going on. And apparently the cord blood from biracial children is in particular demand, so it's nice that we actually have something potentially useful to offer to another family after everything that's been done for us along the way. I'm already on the bone marrow donor registry and JD has promised to sign up when they're next in the neighborhood, so hopefully our daughter will be able to help out at some point in the future too.

1 comment:

Io said...

That's great that you guys are doing that. I would never have even thought about something like that, but now I will have to put it on my list for future things to do if ever I should get pregnant.