Friday, November 14, 2008

Not so cute as a (sick) toddler

My husband is sick. He has a fever, sore throat, and the beginnings of a cold.

Yes, I am of course, deeply sympathetic. However, I'd prefer to emote that sympathy from a safe distance.

Except, that when my husband gets sick he wants to cuddle. He wants me to give him backrubs. He wants to share my water bottle. I am deeply paranoid of getting sick at this exact moment. I do however feel like this paranoia is partially justified by:
- my utter inability to take any of the cold medicene he is so liberally indulging in
- the immense amount of work I need to finish before Thanksgiving
- that slight risk that I might still be sick when I go into labor
- feeling a bit slow/out of breath anyway

Needless to say he is feeling terribly neglected at the moment, and I am feeling more than slightly peeved at him. I do hope he feels better soon ... for both of us.

2 comments:

Io said...

Ack - stay away from him! I have this image of him chasing you around trying to cuddle.

tobacco brunette said...

I second io. You don't need that - stay away! Surely he understands that, sweetie.