Sunday, November 16, 2008

Sharp breath in

JD and I were talking about our schedules this week (I'm busy Monday-Wednesday night, he'll be working till 9 pm every night, then his parents come visit on shabbos and we have a baby shower on Sunday ... great) and the last midwife appointment he needs to come to and how I'd really like him at next week's NST since they make me so nervous ...

And JD looks directly at me and says "Why didn't we do all of this last year? We had so much more time. And we could already have a one-year old."

And I was left speechless. This on the day when we watched gory birth movies and JD lamented the endless pressure between work and spending time at home. For all that this was clearly 'my idea' sometimes I'm amazed by how much he gets it.

Update: Least you never again take my endless whining seriously, tonight, 2 hours prior to above conversation JD looked up from his computer to see his 35 week pregnant wife sitting on the kitchen floor scrubbing in her ill-fitting sleep bra and shorts and rather than immediately jumping up and offering to help he pronounced the situation "very sexy" and returned to his 'work' on the computer.

1 comment:

Ms. J said...

LMAO!!! I'll bet you were sex-ay!!!

Oh this is a riot!!! Did you fling anything at him to show how sexy you felt?!