It's 9 am. I was up till midnight working since I spent all of yesterday morning and evening in appointments. And I just tried to schedule the last of them. Apparently because I am now 'high risk' I need an ob/gyn to look over my chart and clear me for a midwife delivery. Apparently the GD clinic's note is not sufficient. And I found this out at 7 pm yesterday night. And the ob/gyn is booked until my due date ...
I whined/I cried/I told the poor receptionist exactly how much I was going through and that I needed an appointment. She agreed to 'let me come wait' next week and I can see the doctor if there is a no-show. She told me to expect to spend 5 hours waiting. Of course, the only afternoon the doctor sees patients also necessitates rescheduling 2 other appointments. I just have not been through all of this to fall through a legal liability crack at this point. I have already left a message for the midwife this morning. I'm starting to think I may actually need to put in for short-term disability with my university on the grounds that I actually don't have enough time to work this month ... all of this of course while feeling totally fine and walking several miles a day and running at least 10 flights of stairs ... totally absurd.
Ok, since I can't end yet another post whining about how awful it is to feel healthy but spend all day in doctor's offices, things I'm excited about for Thanksgiving:
- Kosher Chinese food!
- Shopping for bedside table lamps
- Seeing JD's cousins
- Sleeping in
- Foot massages (JD promised)
ps - And Rachel actually defended I wasn't whiny in a comment last week ...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Good luck with getting that appointment. You are not whining. From what is obvious, you really are trucked with work! Go get that foot massage! :)
Post a Comment