26 hours until my next ultrasound.
I had no great expectations for the last scan and a good deal of fear about multiples, but I've been finding it really hard to figure out what I'll do if I can't see a heartbeat tomorrow. I know it's not that unusual, and there's no reason to think that just because we live in a fantasy world everything will continue dreamily along with no hitches. Part of the problem is that I'll be alone tomorrow. I also have an important meeting in the morning before the scan and a phone job interview in the evening, which wouldn't leave me much time to mope.
And I think I'm scared at this point because all of my dreams have gotten swirled together. Would the wedding be the same without a little bump? What about our honeymoon, which we are in the process of redirecting towards someplace safe and easy to travel in? How would I feel if I knew I had to come back to Europe in July and all of next fall?
The only symptoms I have to keep me going are occasional feeling in my nipples (it's not even pain, it's just that I have no feeling there normally so it's rather exciting to have any) and a bit of discharge. No nausea, no smell sensitivity, nothing else. And I guess a smaller bladder. It's a bit worrisome.
Update: I'll admit it, I just peed on a stick again. I know, I know, it doesn't really mean anything at this point. I could have lost the baby days ago and still get a positive pee stick. But I had an extra one lying around. And it did make me feel a little better. And in all honesty, before I resorted to a pee-stick I called and tried to move my appointment up to today. No luck there.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Good luck, your ultrasound will be here before you know it!
I just peed on a stick, too! I'm just past five weeks, and wanted to see how dark the line was. It made me feel a little better, too. :)
I have to tell you that the pee on the stick comment made me laugh out loud and for me at work, that is not great. There are a ton of men around and it is serious here sometimes. lol. I told my husband that I should have taken out stock in the pregnancy stick world. Not one in particular but just in any brand. I did just as you did and peed on the stick several times. I am praying for your ultrasound tomorrow. I am sure all will be just fine.
Hoping hard for HB!
Post a Comment