I realized this morning that I haven't spoken to JD's parents since March. Or received an e-mail from them. I really try not to manufacture family drama (we have enough of the genuine kind), but I think it's a bit odd. Don't you think you would contact your future DIL in some way after finding out that she's expecting? And yes, JD is an only child so this really is their only chance at a grandchild. And they know about the IF treatments.
In other news, my bump is clearly visible to the world. The girl I walk to synagogue with is very religious and I'm sure it would never cross her mind exactly why I've been gaining weight (She asked me if I was going to cover my hair after the wedding today. We're from slightly different worlds, although I think she's great). Well, to be precise, she expressed concern that I might binge diet before the wedding. And I paused for about 2 minutes before assuring her that I would 'not stress too much about gaining a little weight.'
I am a bit pissed at JD about it. He clearly googled the situation, and thinks it would be best to 'watch what I eat/diet' to make sure I only gain 4-6 lbs. this trimester. And I'm just not that type of girl. Prior to the RE-enforced-starvation diet I had never successfully followed a diet. I am trying to make this as natural an experience as possible. If I'm hungry, I'm going to eat. I'm still going to the gym almost every night and I walk quite a bit on my way to work, so I'm getting enough exercise. I'm trying to trust my body a bit here. And I've been recently reassured that some people gain a lot of weight early on. And truth is, if I had my full wardrobe here she probably nobody would not have noticed, but I only have 7 shirts with me and they're all pretty fitted. My body clearly has a great ability to gain weight, and I'm not going to worry about it. Truth be told, I'm thrilled.
Afterthought: Just to be fair to JD, he probably will be quite happy about the tummy when he sees me. I imagine it's a lot easier for him to worry about these things when he hasn't seen me in weeks.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I think that's great that you have a little bump! Hope you enjoy it!
Weight's the last thing you should worry about right now. If you're exercising every day, you're doing wonderfully - a little exercise will get the blood flowing to your uterus.
Post a Comment