I am so glad it's summertime. Yes, I have oodles of work to do but hopefully nobody will notice if I put it off for another couple of days.
I joined a swimming pool yesterday and went swimming yesterday and today. The pool is only a 5 minute drive, which is great. The downsides are it's a bit grimy and you have to walk under a large poster of Christ to get in. But that's all worth it for an almost-empty pool and a rather hot lifeguard (he said hi today!) The pool is also a bit warm (84/85 degrees rather than the preferred 81/82) so I'm not planning to do any super-intense swimming. But I love to swim and I used to spend up to 4 hours a day in the pool for swim team over the summer. I'm really hoping that I can keep exercising all summer [and did anybody read the poorly-written Newsweek article about how fat rats (implied: women) have fat (rat) babies (their words, not mine), and it's apparently not genetic? It's just the extra weight. Of course I see a ton of really unhealthily obese women here in the deep South with beautiful, healthy children, which makes me a bit skeptical but I actually put down my whole wheat blueberry muffin while reading the article ... don't worry, I picked it up again after I finished the article]. The thing about swimming in the morning is it makes me so sleepy ...
I will admit that I am a bit concerned about my weight. I think it makes sense that my body was prepped to gain weight after the starvation diet (no carb, RE enforced, for any new readers and I'm mostly a vegetarian) so 8 lbs in 10 weeks isn't awful, but it would have been nice to hear that analysis from the words of a medical doctor. And I am non-stop hungry. Yesterday night JD and I had the silliest of fights. In case you're wondering how absurdly silly it was, it started with a discussion of bow ties. Yes, we were quibbling about bow ties. It wasn't such a big deal. But I got pissed at him for continuing the conversation and retired to bed. And JD, realizing that I was indeed a bit annoyed about the situation came to talk to me in bed. And he brought with a bowl of vegetarian chili (that I had cooked, obviously) and a small scoop of ice cream. That's right, the guy already knows the way to my heart is clearly through food. Anyway, I forgave him immediately since he was indulging my passion for late-night snacks. See why I'm a bit worried about weight.
But here is the serious question for my dedicated readers: What am I supposed to wear to the pool? I can still squeeze into my normal bathing suit, but it's definitely tight. Every maternity bathing suit I've seen seems to be designed for the I-swallowed-a-basketball sized belly, and it's going to fall off me at the moment (at most my belly is about 1/2 the size of a basketball). Also, I only swim in bathing suits with underwires or some other serious support and I haven't seen a single one of them. To add to the challenge, I'm a size 4/6 waist with Size G brea.sts, so I can't just go for a bigger suit because it will fall off my non-existent ass. Any suggestions? Stores to look at? I'm going home this weekend to be pre-feted for my wedding and I was really hoping my mom might want to buy me a bathing suit, but I don't even know where to look.
Also, I'm really hesitant to go the tankini route. I know they're designed for when your tummy is expanding, but they seem ideal for sitting poolside. I hate the idea of all that fabric riding up to my bust while I'm swimming laps.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I had a tankini for the longest time, and I promise you, it never did ride up while swimming. I too have Serious Breastage. Try some tankinis on and then wave your arms vigorously in back-stroke motion and see if it starts to ride up. If it starts in air, it will carry on in water, so go for the one that stays put.
I loved my tankini. So sad the day it finally died. I haven't been swimming since (which is pathetic).
I got stuck on the muffin.
No idea on the suit.
Post a Comment