Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Heartbeat found

And declared: "normal." Baby is measuring on time for 8 weeks 0 days (although that really can't be the right amount of time, but anyway ...)*

No, they don't have good enough technology to measure the heartbeat.
Yes, I almost throttled the tech when she suggested that the number of scans American women have are 'very dangerous' to their fetuses, but self-control won out.

Trying to breath deeply and actually prepare for my interview tonight.

Thank you so much for all the words of support this week!

*My trigger was March 28th with ovulation on March 29th, so if anyone knows a reliable way to figure out how far along I am I would much appreciate it. Clearly I'm a bit clueless about these details.

5 comments:

Newt said...

Congratulations on the heartbeat! That's great great news.

And best of luck on the interview!

Anonymous said...

Yea!!! Great news!

Ok...if you ovulated on March 29...then you should be about 7 weeks 4 days...right?

Weeks in pregnancy are based on LMP...by their calculations you are 2 weeks pregnant when you ovulate.

Which means...you are measuring ahead!!! Even better news!

Ms. J said...

Congrats on the terrific news!

And you showed far more self-restraint than I. I would have flat out punched that tech.

Cheers!

Samantha said...

Great news on the heartbeat!

Anonymous said...

Yay! Heartbeat!

And congratulations on not throttling the technician. Gah. Tactless moo.