Thursday, September 17, 2009

Sigh

On the way back into my apartment building today one of my neighbors asked if I was pregnant again.

Sigh.

What to respond? If all it took was dreaming, then I'm absolutely working on another baby. If you're asking whether we've saved up anywhere close to enough money to afford the ever-enthralling task of future fertility treatments? Well, nope. We're not even bank-account-pregnant, let alone paper/peestick-pregnant.

(and yes dear readers, I will be keeping a tally of how many people ask me this question)

4 comments:

SS said...

wait a second, isn't that totally rude??

Ms. J said...

OMG! What did you say in reply?!

Please tell me it was a man, with very poor vision, who asked this?!

kate said...

I have to say that while it has been a bit since I last saw you, I can't imagine that the person asked because of your appearance- were they just asking because they know of your desire to have more children?

Still. Either way, if you know this person well enough, and you bumped into them, don't they realize that you would share something like that with them, were it the case??? Geez. Welcome back stateside. Here, can I dredge up something personal, private and semi-painful for you?

If there's bank-account-pregnant, I guess that makes H and I "insurance pregnant", huh.

jenn said...

ugh. good old american tact...