You may not realize quite what a milestone this is for me, but I just did something that I would have considered completely absurd even this time last year.
I packed.
For a flight that does not leave until Wednesday afternoon.
Not started to pack, finished. Down to the cheerios and bib in the diaper bag and the NYC apartment keys in my purse.
I feel downright almost grown-up.
--------
On a completely different note, thank you to my lovely European readers Caro (who has some big news to share) and May for reminding me that I can be quite an idiot ;-) Of course my oven is in celsius, not fahrenheit. In my defense it is electric and seems to run a particularly cool 220C. But it certainly works. Dinner was a lovely disaster. Not only did I invite someone at 4:30 pm on Friday (for dinner that evening), but said guest beat me to the house. So instead of having a delightful 4 course meal ready to serve, I 'encouraged' my guests to each take charge of a dish and cook it themselves while I retreated to my room to change and nurse my baby. And despite all of that, dinner was lovely.
And thank you Melissia for the cleaning-up advice. This is exactly what I was looking for.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Sorry that I am never any help when you needing meal ideas . . . but Dr. J does 98% of the cooking, so I am not a reference person for you, LOL.
I wouldn't have guessed the Celsius-thing either, LMAO!
Can't wait to hear what tales await you on the travelling back stateside!
Unbelievable! I didn't think it was possible to pack until the night before at the earliest ;-).
Your dinner sounds lovely, I'm sure the guests didn't mind helping out.
I'm so glad dinner worked out- even if it wasn't how you planned it!
I had myself & the pumpkin packed at least 3 days prior to our trips. I was amazed to find myself so adult! Of course- the hub didn't pack until 20 minutes before we left...
Post a Comment