Hopefully she's not going to make a habit of it.
The fusspot has a boyfriend at daycare. Her teacher has been telling me for several days about this guy, but apparently his mom picks him up particularly early. So I did not meet him until today.
And while I'm glad that she is making friends, and I love the idea of her keeping up with the boys and all (especially since she's not yet mobile so the other toddlers have to bring the toys to her), well, did she really have to pick this particular little guy? Or at least this guy this week? I am really hoping that his pox are of the exzema/allergy sort, but a quick glance suggests that they are far more likely to be of the chicken pox variety (on his stomach, arms, and face. Not concentrated in any particular area. Dr. Google is in concurrence). I seem to recall chicken pox has a really long incubation period.
In other health news, I feed the fusspot the following for dinner:
- 1/2 banana
- Grapes (cut up very finely)
- 4 frozen cubes of spinach microwaved and sprinkled with Parmesan cheese
- Tahini
And despite having my epi-pen at the ready (and yes, I worked for a family with a severe nut allergy and I know that it is extraordinarily unlikely that a first time reaction would require an epipen), all seems to be well with the fusspot. We are in high gear for "beat your iron deficiency test." I've been a bit worried about it because she sleeps quite so much and is not crawling yet, but she's also still about 95% breastmilk, so we'll see. I'm going to have her tested in a few weeks. In the meantime, trying to fill her up on spinach and tahini and melons and cheerios. Any other ideas?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment