Just trying to enjoy every moment here with my little fusspot and not think about planning out the details of next year and after.
And also trying to stay on top of the smaller stuff. Like the fact that I put the fusspot in a new outfit, played blocks with her, went for a bike ride, and then met a colleague for coffee. And the moment she picked the fusspot up she declared something "odd" and lifted her new dress to show me that I'd left the diaper cover nicely attached on the inside (and yes, I had washed the outfit). A+ for paying attention to my daughter who spent the morning with a set of diaper-cover-panties pinned to the inside of her dress.
The foodie baby (aka my gluttonous child) continues to eat her way through the spice cabinet. Over the weekend she has heartily endorsed the following: butternut squash with butter and cinammon, homemade baba ganoush (very heavy on the garlic because apparently lemon juice is a key ingredient and I'm still queasy about citrus foods), carrots dipped in tahini, and tofu with soy sauce. For a shabbos treat I let my fusspot pet a bowl of beets mixed with hummus and the girl practically squealed in delight, but oh what a mess!
And then I panicked about money and not knowing what my husband was thinking and being fair to the fusspot and getting older and stuff so I called JD and demanded to know whether he would have enough saved up for treatments when I get back. He asked how much (since the first go round I wanted to either have, or have access to, as much as we would spend before moving on to another option for parenting, so at least 3 rounds of IVF and figuring out where we would borrow that much money was quite a mind-boggling job) and I told him $10,000 (figuring 3 rounds of o-induction or IUI if necessary and 1 IVF -at the very most- before my salary kicks in in mid-October) and he said fine. Exhale. He didn't say he thought it was the most brilliant plan ever, but he also didn't say no way.
Sometimes I forget how incredible my husband is.
I don't think he's forgotten how distracted I am. He called me on the way to the airport. Funny thing is that I had no idea he was going on a trip. But when I searched in my e-mail, he'd told me about it several times. Did I mention I let my daughter leave the house this morning with diaper-cover-panties pinned to her dress?
Tomorrow I am meeting up with a friend on maternity leave, and then a group of English-speaking new and expectant moms. And I am glad that I just called and asked point-blank whether my husband was on the same page I am. Not only do I feel better, but he's stuck around for this long (a full year of marriage already, folks! plus almost a decade as friends and then partners before that) so I doubt he was all that surprised.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
yeah- I'd say your hubby is pretty great!
I really like how the hub & I compliment each other in those sort of things. I can be the calming & patient one he needs & he can motivate me to ~do~ stuff I might have been to hesitant (or downright scared!) to do. It's a good match that way!
Post a Comment