Just a quick note to say that I am much less panicked about PPD. I am after all only at 3 weeks postpartum, and there's a good chance that this is just an intense case of totally normal baby blues mixed with a decent dose of anxiety (I might not have mentioned that I've been checking on the baby every 10 minutes for an hour or two at night because I'm panicked about him sleeping in a swaddle. Not good, but hopefully this too will pass. I also alternate between between too scared to co-sleep with him in our bed and sometimes opting to curl up with him on the living room floor and being too scared to let him sleep alone in his bassinet ...)
Plus, the birthday was actually rather pleasant. In addition to the aforementioned cupcakes I had some Thin Mints. Ok, the accurate description might be a box. As in, we had 3 boxes on the shelf on Wednesday and now we have 2, but that's okay too. JD did not get me a present, but he was very nice when he got home from work. I think that one of my biggest triggers is that in all honesty JD has been a good deal less considerate of my anxieties/fears/stresses this go-round, and I've now told him as much quite clearly.
And the weight check was fabulous. The dumpling is up to 8 lbs 11 ounces and the LC agreed we could just let him sleep at night (the pediatrician suggested not waking him at his 2 week appointment). And sleep he did, 2 am to 7 am. Don't worry, the fusspot was up twice during that time, but it was still a lovely stretch.
More relatives and some apartment hunting this weekend.
Thank you for all of your support.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I'm glad the birthday was good (love me some Thin Mints!!) and that the dumpling is pudging up!
The hub has not been as considerate or supportive this time around for me either- I suspect that will continue past delivery as well. I don't know why we are miracle workers with the first one & they are so much more eager to help and comfort at least, but then the second one becomes old hat & we should just have it down without them. Having an infant and a toddler requires an army of help in my opinion!!!
(I literally can not keep picking the pumpkin up- and the hub doesn't understand why we either need to remove a crib side or he actually has to get up & lift her into the crib! argh!)
well- I hope for continual improvements and sweet moments with your new boy! How is the Fusspot reacting now that he has been there a little while?
Happy Birthday.
And mazel tov. Sorry I am sooo late catching up on everything.
The weight gain sounds great, and so does some partially un-interrupted sleep.
I hope the anxieties "lessen", and what ever it "is", you know we are all here for you.
Hey -- I'd love your LC recommendations (and the ones you thought were useless). When you have a sec (yeah, right!) shoot me an email at slphillipsnyc at gmail.
Thanks!
Post a Comment