Buzz Lightyear, if the reference isn't precise enough for you. Yes, despite our ostensible crunchiness the fusspot has a loud, plastic buzz lightyear which she adores. It was in fact given to me by a high school boyfriend as a joke, and I like that she also likes it (and am truly amazed that the batteries still work after all these years).
This morning the fusspot was snuggling Buzz and patting his back very gently. I asked if something was wrong and she gave me that my-mother-must-be-daft look before pointing very clearly at Buzz and noting his "Ouchy hands." I've had carpal tunnel braces on round-the-clock for the past couple of weeks, and the fusspot has finally got the idea that tugging on my wrists is not a good idea. I just didn't realize that Buzz also has pregnancy-related-carpal tunnel.
He also apparently has a rain cover on his head, just like her stroller has a rain cover. She assured me that he didn't need it this morning because "No rain. No snow."
And then, like the good role-playing-toddler that she is she spent a good 10 minutes delicately wiping Buzz's rear end with a kleenex while holding her own nose and remarking loudly "POO! Stinky! POO! Stinky!"
In other news, I'm 3 cm and partially dilated, and it actually looks like I may go into labor in the next few days. As has become a tradition this pregnancy, I celebrated the good news alone at Jamb.a Juice.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I love the toddler role-playing! Pumpkin does the same POO-STINKY! move with her baby & her wocket (as in doc suess). It is very sweet how the fusspot has compassion for your carpal tunnel wrists through her toy!
And yay for 3 cms! Here's to a nice easy (but relatively quick) labor & delivery & a bargain baby soon!!!
(Oh- send me an e-mail with your address please if you would like, I have a little something for the bargain baby to say welcome to the world- nothing big & if you don't want that's cool too! You have some other things going on- like labor! woo-hoo!)
Post a Comment