Tuesday, September 28, 2010

one of those days

Where I have spent all morning running around without getting anything done. Went to get a flu shot only to find out that the doctor's office had thrown away the wrapping and wasn't exactly sure if it was safe for someone in my delicate condition. Nixed that idea. Have a toothache but can't find a dentist. Too wet to go home for lunch so I am snacking on peanut butter (plain, by the spoonful. Lots of calories and protein, not much else) and my husband just called to say that he won't be home tonight because he's been shipped off to another city.

BUT, what totally cheered me up was a little ebay search. If you e-bay "vintage fisher price" you will find my entire early childhood. I had every. single. piece of the fisher price house, schoolhouse, farm, Sesame Street village, little village, airport, hospital and castle as well as the kitchen sets (my mother loves yard sales ...). I am going to go with my sister's opinion that all of the chemicals have already leached out of something that is more than 20 years old and treat the fusspot and I to a playset.

Ok, back to work and a real post later.

4 comments:

kate said...

Flu shot should be fine for pregnancy-- just not the active version that's given via nasal mist.

And YEAH! Love me some old school Fisher Price stuff. I had all of the musical toys (the record player was my favorite, but I also had the radio and a couple of other music makers), and a bunch of little people sets (I know I had the farm...) and the "school" set, with a chalk board and magnet letters in a little plastic handled "desk" that you carried around with you. I think I'm down with the whole "chemicals leaches out already" thing... maybe I should get my boys a couple of things, especially Ja.ck who's cuckoo for anything that makes music.

Ms. J said...

I miss the old fisher-price stuff - don't like the playsets as much nowadays.

Flu shot is okay - but the nasal is not for preg women because wasn't tested on them (you can't test on preg women typically - and why do it when there is a demonstrated safe alternative).

I used to take my "Little People" in the sandbox with me - their day at the beach, LOL.

Anonymous said...

off topic but I remember a while ago you posted about bilingual language development? This is about English-Spanish but if might be useful http://www.utexas.edu/features/2010/09/27/language-2/

Caro said...

My mum kept everything so when I was back there a couple of weeks ago T was playing with the school, garage, house and circus train.