Still not exactly enthralled with my pre-natal care, but hey, there's a baby in my tummy. What more could a girl want?
Apparently I gained 2 lbs from 12 weeks to 16.5 weeks, which is plenty. Tried to ask what to eat again and she started telling me 'low fat everything' and I just gave her a blank stare and told her it was taking at least 3 glasses of whole milk and 4% cottage cheese to gain this much, and she basically sighed and said "you figure it out." We're going to repeat the 3-hour GTT in another couple of weeks. Whee!
And the neighbor babysitting last night seemed to go really well. The fusspot was not in the least asleep when I got home, but had been reading and playing and eating, so that was good. Background to this story: the fusspot says "yeah" to about 99% of questions. If you offer her something to eat which she doesn't like she'll say yes to the food and then push it away. Same for other activities. So when JD picked the fusspot up to go home he asked if she'd had a good time, and she very solemnly shook her head and said "No."
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
yippee for the thump-thump!
How's it going with the nutritionist? Or was it a midwife who was capable in nutrition? Have you thought of visiting a nutritionist who specializes in your religious needs? Just a thought (and apologies if I missed you having done that).
Hey, that's 2 pounds more than I gained during those weeks! :)
"Low fat everything" is the standard advice given to all pregnant women, because 99% of them struggle not to gain too *much* weight. When I still hadn't gained anything at 20 weeks, I threw out that advice and started eating whatever. Works much better. There's something very gratifying about eating regular yogurt and whole milk and knowing that it's going for a good cause.
SO laughing at Fusspot's "no." How are you feeling now though? Still really tired? Glad you gained a little weight!
Haha. Yeah. Well, at least you HAVE a reason to circ (if you have little boy parts on this baby). My real issue is when people don't know that it anatomically changes the baby and make a flippant decision just because "everyone else does it," but you would also be doing a bris ceremony (right?). I can understand doing it for religious reasons, but I cannot understand doing it for cosmetic or any other nonmedical reasons. Does that make sense?
Post a Comment