Sunday, November 22, 2009

Classy parenting, part 2

I met a friend for dinner on Friday. Basically ran from work to pick the fusspot up at daycare and straight to dinner (this detail is relevant). While we were out she got a phone call about a rather stressful situation. Given her huge bump and the fact that her husband was out of town I decided to stay with her until everything was settled (cue ominous music).

The issue was resolved by midnight or so (the fusspot fell asleep on the couch hours before) but my friend didn't really want to be alone and I was a bit worried about her so I stayed around for a bit. Next time I looked at the clock it was already 2 am so she suggested we do a sleepover! Since the fusspot looked comfy and I had no clear plans for the following day I agreed. We stayed up eating chocolate bars and chatting until almost 4 am.

Which is all just to say that I happened to bump into a work colleague at 10 am Saturday wearing the exact same outfit I arrived at work in on Friday morning at 9 am. With unbrushed hair and teeth, of course. Nothing says classy like a walk 'o shame with a stroller in tow.

1 comment:

Rachel said...

Oh well, it's Europe and people frequently wear the same outfit 2 or even 3 days in a row...maybe your colleague just thought you were going native?