Sometimes I wonder if bring up IF so much when talking about the fusspot because I am still processing all of it. Being told that we really have no chance of conceiving on our own, getting so, so, so incredibly lucky on an awful cycle, the pregnancy, the easy delivery, the most-wonderful-baby-in-the-world.
And I realized yesterday it's ok if I'm still processing it all. Twelve months ago we were on our honeymoon. And now I'm living 3637 miles (that's 5853 km, 3160 nautical miles) away from my husband in a strange country. No wonder I don't have it all figured out yet. But thus far it has been a wonderful journey:
Caption: one year ago today.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I think no matter what path the journey took (and yours has been a crazy one!) any life that has been flavored with IF & is now parenting will have that tinge of disbelief. I am still shocked some mornings to wake up & find that it's all ~real~ & I didn't just dream we had a pregnancy & a child.
That is a stunning picture!
AWESOME picture. I think the Stirrup Queen said it best when she said that treatments cure childlessness, but they don't cure infertility. That's something that follows us for a long, long time. Babies may make it easier to deal with, but it never goes away entirely.
Therefore, I pronounce you totally normal. (like my pronouncements carry any weight, but still. at least someone out there in this world thinks that your feelings are textbook perfect given the situation.)
I, personally, find people who battle IF then get the baby/jackpot and NEVER MENTION INFERTILITY EVER EVER AGAIN deeply worrying. On good days, I understand the need to protect themselves from dwelling on all the pain and anxst, and to just get on with their lives. On bad days I feel abandoned. Most days, I feel bewildered. How can a person go through all that and just, you know, ignore it?
So I find the fact you bring it up quite comforting.
Anyway, over it by now? By golly, I'm still not over having to give my kitten away when I left to live in another country when I was eleven. Why on earth should anyone be over such momentous upheaval as you've been through in less than a year?
Post a Comment