Monday, August 10, 2009

Strip clubs and fantasies

Not mine, obviously.

We stayed in a quite nice hotel near the train station over the weekend. Clean and quiet (and all-organic breakfast included) although not particularly baby-friendly ($25 charge for a crib -we skipped it). I had forgotten that this particular city has a quite active sex industry which is also located near the train station. To be precise, there was a strip club on either side of the hotel. And being Europe and all (I'll let you guess my exact location tomorrow once I download photos) strip clubs are allowed to post full-sized photos as advertising in their windows. No pasties necessary.

Well you can imagine who was particularly interested in these photos. It was hysterical to watch my constant companion crane her head to look at those posters. You could almost see her salivate. It was as if all of her vague fantasies of a better life had been writ large in sequins and strobe lights. Rooms full of scantily clad women. Boobies reclining on soft couches! Boobies in bathtubs! Boobies exercising on a pole! Boobies everywhere!

And by the end of the weekend I could almost feel her giving me a reproachful look every time we walked back to the hotel as if to say "All of my dreams could come true behind those doors. I know exactly what is happening in there, and I want in."

5 comments:

cd0103 said...

Okay-- I just about spit my drink on the laptop.

jenn said...

That is hysterical! I often think Caiden dreams of the big boob in the sky- now I know it exists somewhere on earth!

Ms. J said...

Freakin' hysterical!!!

Oh Fusspot ... Who knew she'd find her mecca in a lewd European town?!

The Mama said...

Oh.my.gosh! So very funny!

Io said...

That is hilarious. Seriously. I can't stop giggling.