Monday, August 17, 2009

New sleeping contortions

My long-time readers may recall that the fusspot likes to sleep in a shape we can only call "I dream of boobies falling from the sky." Back arched, arms stretched in front of her as if to encompass an imaginary mammary. Mouth wide open of course.

One of the things I miss about having JD around is our ability to put into words exactly what the fusspot is expressing. Yesterday night she fell asleep flat on her back, right hand firmly and possessively planted on my chest, left arm outstretched and waving about and with a look on her face which could only mean: "Dearest mother, if you would just invite one of your dear lady friends with voluptuous curves to join us for a sleepover and suggest she wear her very-cutest low-cute negligee than I would not be left with one arm flailing about in the dark but I could instead find an appropriate resting place for it."

Yesterday when an elderly woman came over to say hi to the fusspot in her stroller and put out her hand to tickle the baby, my sneaky child lunged deliberately straight at her chest. At least she knows what she likes.

ps - and yes, I'm trying to get a video of the new karate sounds which precede many of our meals.

3 comments:

The Mama said...

Seriously, that's hysterical! I'm also impressed that you nurse without a cover. My guys rip the cover off of me every.single.time. :-)

They are also at the "hey let's take our diapers off" stage. Not so fun.

Did you figure out what to do about your bed situation? How's ECing goin?

jenn said...

Our pumpkin must be the fusspot's long distance boob doppelganger! she also does a high pitched 'ooh' or 'yaaaaa' when she gets into feeding position! she also reaches out her other habd, but usually ends up petting her daddy, and she 'nurses' while sleeping- we call it dreaming of the big boob in the sky!
too cute! can't wait for video! (I have also never bothered with nursing covers- although I don't think I have had to nurse quite as publicly as you! she rips them off- but I did get told a great hint early on- allways wear a tank under a shirt- shirt can get lifted all the way up & tank still covers belly. the bunched up shirt ends up covering everything else by default. except that pumpkin is in the grab at everything stage & usually ends up pulling the shirt off, flashing the world!)

Io said...

I am anticipating trouble when she starts eating solids and you walk past a bakery...