Wednesday, August 26, 2009

It really is a wonder I have a blog ...

I always feel guilted into doing computer updates. For example, I just updated Firefox "for security reasons" even though it was working just fine. And suddenly the text/images/everything from the internets is much, much smaller and I can barely read anything on the page. Suggestions?

And if you're wondering how I have survived this long with this level of non-technological-ability, JD usually fixes things. I actually made him set up my blog for me and then promise not to read it. I am that type of incompetent occasionally. Also possibly why I think it's totally reasonable to leave the main lightbulb in the downstairs bathroom (I have two bathrooms!!!) burnt out until a friend comes to visit in just ... well ... 3 weeks or so ...

2 comments:

kate said...

I don't know much about Firefox, but this is from some technical manual I found online regarding changing text size:

To make a permanent font size change:
1. From the Firefox menu bar, select Firefox>Preferences.
2. Click on Fonts & Colors.
3. Set the font sizes. Minimum font size can also be set.

OR

1. From the Firefox Menu Bar select View>Text Size>Increase
2. This will cause the text to display on the web page one size larger. However this is a temporary change.

That sounds pretty standard from what I've found on most web browsers, that there is some sort of "increase" function.

And I do the "leave the bulb burned out until absolutely necessary" thing. Mine is not from lack of technical expertise, but rather through sheer laziness.

jenn said...

hahaha! I have so many burned out lightbulbs in my house- the ceiling light in my bedroom is fried. The hub can fix it, but we are leaving it alone out of laziness & lack of funds for a new light.
thank goodness for floor lamps!