in City X. And for those of you who move a lot, you know that means it's ... weird food time! The goal is to eat everything left in the apartment and not buy any groceries in the next 7 days.
Up for dinner: matza ball soup, refried beans and a can of hearts of palm as a side. Maybe asparagus if we feel indulgent.
And it looks like the options may go downhill from tonight ... (did I mention my sister is coming to visit next week?)
AND, crai.g.s.li.st time! My personal goal is to make $300 from the sale of our furniture although JD thinks that is an unreachable goal. We don't have much to sell: a mattress, couch, coffee table, small bookshelf, 2 lamps and 2 bar stools. But, all of the profits are targeted exclusively for eating out during our honeymoon, so it's worth the effort.
Only problem is that I posted everything this morning and thus far the greatest interest has been in the mattress (yes, that mattress. JD was opposed to selling it at all, but I put a little disclaimer and priced it really, really cheaply, which is probably why so many people are interested. Plus, I'd feel bad if the Sal.va.t.ion Ar.my guys came to pick up our furniture and that's all we had to offer them). So we may have to move to the air mattress for our final week here. Honestly I'll be much sadder when we sell the couch and the lamps.
I do actually enjoy having the flexibility to live without groceries and furniture for a week. I just hope the wonderbaby (should she arrive safely and healthily) doesn't mind her parent's weird quirks.
Update, a little cr.a.igs.li.st rant (in other words, I miss NYC where people know exactly what they are getting when they shop for used furniture online - cheap stuff, slightly scuffed, not too much information):
1. If you are genuinely interested in an item and it is listed as being 'Downtown' don't e-mail me to ask how far your suburb is from downtown. I don't know. But google does.
2. If an item is explicitly listed as being previously purchased off crai.gs.li.st, don't ask me how old it is. I don't know.
3. Do not e-mail just to say you are interested. Either a. ask if it's still available b. propose a time to come pick it up. I don't care that you're 'interested,' I care that someone comes and hands me cash for something I can no longer use.
4. All of my posts say that you must pick up the item yourself. I mean it. I'm not going to either deliver furniture to you or help you get it off the building. Sorry, not something I'm supposed to be doing at the moment.
5. Don't e-mail me your phone number and ask me to call you. I pay for my cell phone minutes and I'm in the library all day anyway. E-mail works much better unless you want to write something like you don't have e-mail access at home (in which case I might just call).
Sorry, it's just so annoying to answer 20 e-mails but still have no clear idea if anyone is actually going to show up for this stuff. And freecycle is not any more efficient here.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Oh how I hate Craigslist people.
Good luck getting out of there with no furniture and no food left.
Good luck with reaching your $300 goal!
BTW, thank you for your nice comments..I do have alot of support. Thank goodness! I don't think I could have gotten through the last 6 months.
I've been having my own frustrations with Craig's List people, too. I'm trying to hire a consultant to help out with my company while I'm on maternity leave and explicity request in the ad: 1. a cover letter (the job entails a great deal of writing), 2. a resume, and 3. hourly fee. I think a SINGLE applicant has supplied all of the information requested. What kind of impression is that to make on your future boss.
It really aggravates me.
Good luck with your sales.
A good laugh, indeed! We're using CL to find a place to live (first place didn't work out) and, believe me, there are also strange people who list things.
I like your meal planning. We're not quite to the point of not buying groceries but all my meals are planned around using the things we already have. Good times!
Post a Comment