Monday, August 11, 2008

7:12 am

Woke up in the mini-apartment in NYC with an awful leg cramp (these are really supposed to be a normal side effect of pregnancy? Weird).

And what did I hear? The baby,* babbling away in the hallway.

Home.

* For any new readers, the baby haunted my early days of IF treatments. A charming little boy, the baby was born a week or two before I moved into my new apartment in NYC and his parent's bedroom is directly next to mine. So while they co-slept, I heard his every cry through the night. I did about half of my early treatments while listening to his midnight feeding, most of my early posts were written during his 2-3 am feeding ... and usually woke up to his (toddler) brother's shoes tossed onto my doormat or their double stroller blocking the hall ... nothing against the family at all but it is tough to lie in bed wondering if you'll ever be able to have kids while listening to someone else's newborn cry plaintively ... the good news is that he's now been moved into his brother's room about 10 feet down the hall so we don't hear him quite as clearly while lying in bed (this is all from the early archives - I'm too tired to link to the posts today).

No comments: