Why am I back in NYC in the first place today? (Especially after the most awful traffic on I-95 N. through the rain yesterday night and the fact that JD and I could have been reimbursed for the hotel room if we'd just pulled over rather than drove until midnight ...): The GTT.
Now I've had this test done several times and I know what's involved. I usually have the 3-hour test, but today they're just doing a 1 hour test. At 21 weeks. And the midwife is going to let me drink apple juice and some precut amount of white bread instead of the orange syrup. But it doesn't make me any happier that I might very well have had my last ice cream of the summer. Oh, and I'll be traveling for the next 3 weeks - should be fabulous if they put me on insulin ...
And I have to admit I'm actually less concerned about the diet and even the insulin than the idea that I will be immediately ineligible for the gold-plated, rose-lined birthing center that everyone around here uses. GD means that I will automatically be in a regular L and D, and gives me a really, really high chance of a c-section (in this city).
And of course I start googling the test, which I have done before. And there it is, on we.b.m.d., I think, reasons the test might be high besides GD: high co.rti.so.l. Which is my weirdest hormonal balance by far, and one that none of my specialist endocrinologists or 3 RE's had much to say about except 'weird' and 'definitely might explain your problems, but there's no research since the 1950's on it.' Great.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment