The fusspot may be more excited about the BALOOOOON she has been promised on her birthday, but as for me, well, I'm looking forward to cupcakes. Cupcakes for hanukkah, naturally. Cupcakes on her actual birthday with our neighbors. Cupcakes on Friday to celebrate a good friend's birthday and shabbos. Cupcakes on Saturday at the big party. Cupcakes on Sunday as we go scout a friend's new apartment for the perfect midtown/downtown location for a baby naming. CUPCAKES. And folks, I'm still pregnant.
I passed my 2nd 3-hour glucose tolerance test this pregnancy! (Total lifetime batting average: 2 out of 7 passed, meaning I have only ever passed a 3-hour GTT while pregnant with the bargain baby).
Needless to say, the news wasn't all good. I am still rather anemic, and just a half point away from being bounced from the birthing center to regular L and D for anemia, but I really can't figure out what else to do about that. Am on the maximum dose of iron, beef every day, spinach, iron-absorbing veggies, the works. But at least there will be sugar for this final trimester as I try to desperately finish oodles of work pre-bargain baby arrival. And CUPCAKES.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
YAAAAAAAY for SUGAR!! And happy birthday to the Fusspot! I was borderline anemic, and it seemed that nothing I did made much of a difference. I wish I had advice, but at this point, the best I can offer would be to send you my leftover stash of prescription iron supplements!
prunes have a TON o firon. best of luck!
Awesome! I'm so glad for you.
An, FYI, Trader Joe's cake mixes are amazing (we just did cupcake week over here, for my elder daughter's 5th). Not that you asked for recommedations or anything; I just liked it so much I needed to tell someone. :-)
mmmm- cupcakes!! Happy birthday fusspot & congrats for being able to enjoy some sugar!
I don't have any more tips on the iron either- it sounds like you are doing everything you possibly can! I'm not up on my nutritional facts like I should be- but does drinking oj (or something) while eating iron rich foods help with absorption? Or did I make that up completely?
That's awesome!
Post a Comment