Thursday, March 5, 2009

scared whit-less

I had the most terrifying moment of my parenting thus far tonight. But everything is fine.

I was breastfeeding the fusspot while reading an article, and when I turned to look at her there was blood all over her face. Blood dripping off her cheeks. Blood on her eyelids. I screamed to JD to come immediately and he dropped the dish he was washing and ran over.

And then I realized TS was just fine (and actually grinning at the commotion) and it was my nipple which was spewing blood. Please tell me this is fine. It does not feel any worse than previously (definitely the side with vasospasms, but that's been going on for a full 2 weeks) and seems to have stopped bleeding. I know that other people have mentioned painful nipples on their blogs and the book I have does mention cracked or bleeding nipples, but I never imagined this much blood spraying all over the place.

I don't think I'll be reading while breastfeeding again for quite a while. That was just too scary.

1 comment:

Rachel said...

Oh my goodness--I don't know if I would have had the presence of mind to scream. I'm glad TS is okay but I hope you are also.