Monday, March 9, 2009

the end of tummy time

My baby is 3 months old today.

And she can roll from her tummy to her back. We, of course, had no idea.

In fact, I told JD to put her on her stomach tonight because today was the first time I'd seen her hold her head up for more than a few seconds without screaming. And just like that she rolled over. And proceeded to do it again and again every time we flipped her to her stomach. So that's the end of that particular form of torture.

I am very surprised, and thrilled that TS managed to hit one of her milestones in the hour or so she sees her father awake every day. And having just consulted Drs. Google (specifically the American Pediatri.cs Association) on the matter, I am also proud to report that our baby is a whole month early on drooling. Definitely got that down. Of course, she's missing a few other critical milestones like ... awareness that her hands are connected to her body. But I'm sure she'll get there eventually.

And she is at the moment sleeping alone in her crib. Such a good baby.

2 comments:

Wordgirl said...

It must be so amazing to watch those milestones!

Io said...

Excellent - it must be good to see her hit the milestones, never mind the hands one. She'll make up for it with the drool.