I told my darling husband (then boyfriend) that I had no plans to age on my birthday until I had a baby. Seems reasonable. And so I have been turning 24 on the 24th for several years now.* Which makes this year's jump seem even larger than usual. Here we go 28.
There's really nothing I want for this year. Last year I got pregnant, got married, move in with my husband (after 5 years long-distance) and had a baby. This year? It won't be boring - we have an extended jaunt to Europe planned, hopefully some crawling and first steps, and most likely new adventures in IF - this time based in NYC. But honestly, I have everything I ever needed right now. And for all that I rarely wax eloquent about marriage or motherhood, both are truly incredible.
* And yes, if you met us in a non-work context you'd be far more likely to guess 24 than 28. Maybe it's the fact that I look really young, never wear make-up, rarely manage to scrounge up a decent outfit, and still like to wear brightly colored socks (when I'm not teetering in stilettos) ... or the fact that JD and I can give a fancy hotel room a make-over into turn-of-the-century tenement housing style in under 5 minutes (as we swept into our gorgeous hotel room** tonight I dumped a bag of dirty laundry in the corner looking for an outfit, while JD accidentally tore open the bag of diapers and scattered them on the floor due to someone's fussing, not to mention the fusspot's clothing drying in the shower and the collection of shopping bags, etc. scattered around the bed ...)
** It is so much easier to travel in luxury when you go North in the winter. And definitely easier to manage with a fusspot in tow.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Oh! Happy birthday!!!!!
Here from LFCA...Happy Happy Birthday!
Post a Comment