Thursday, June 30, 2011

a little more fun on a hot summer day

I.e. A new round of pick your own adventure.

Let's set the scene: you've recently moved, been under a lot of stress, endless work deadlines. Oh, and just for fun let's give you both Strep and a Yeast Infection in your breast.

Option A: Treat the Strep (if possible, not 100% and the treatment will probably make you nauseaus for say a full 7 days) and as a result massively facilitate the growth of yeast. You'll be able to eat again and probably beat the recurrent high fevers, but remember that you get stabbing pains on one side whenever you feed the dumpling (or pump).

Option B: It's almost tank top season, who needs to eat? Stock up on non-medicated cough drops, promise yourself not to google the complications of Strep and go for the topical cream to relieve yeast in the breasts.

Anyway, back in a few days. Nothing too serious going on around here.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

http://www.nbci.ca/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=76:all-purpose-nipple-ointment-apno&catid=5:information&Itemid=17
Check out this link. What worked for me was this cream, gentian violet, and finally the candida diet.

Amanda said...

I would be all for the later, but I don't have to google strep to know the complications... you don't want to know the story. And I should take my own advice, I have a terrible sore throat right now that developed just after a drs appt earlier this week. I'm just kinda annoyed because now I will have to pay another copay that could have been avoided if it would have just developed a couple of hours earlier.

I definitely recommend the gentian violet. I have a post about my experience using it if you are interested. It helps quickly. http://impatientwithpcos.blogspot.com/2010/11/gentian-violet-for-thrush.html

Amanda said...

Ok, so I called the drs right after leaving my comment and they told me to come up right the and they could get me in. I do not have strep. Just some PIA virus apparently. Part of me is a little annoyed, but I know I'd be more annoyed if I had to start a course of antibiotic right now.

Amanda said...

Well, I seem to have figured it out... herpangina. A sore developed in the back of my mouth about an hour after getting home from the dr. Again, if it just would have showed up an hour earlier I could have saved myself a copay. This is miserable. Like swallowing glass.