Last time the fusspot threw up all over the bed I'd guess it took me a good 5 minutes to wake up and realize what was going on.
Yesterday? I was out of bed in under 60 seconds and back with a waterproof pad and towel. Of course, the improvement in response time might have something to do with the fact that she threw up all over me. Ah, the joys of co-sleeping.
Hey, at least our sheets will have plenty of time to dry while we're abroad, right?
That also brings the tally for the past 7 days to: the dreaded pox, RSV, and a stomach bug.
And for the record, in thinking about why I am so bitter about some of these pg-announcements this week I realized it is because I still separate bumps from babies. See, I have a baby. Adorable, sweet, laid back, practically perfect. But the bump will always be burdened with invasive procedures and 'high risk' monitoring and fear for me. So I am sure I'll be happier when these people have babies, but bumps are going to take me a good deal longer to warm up to.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Ooh, good aim, fusspot! I hope she feels better soon...
It's funny, because I feel almost the opposite of you- I can deal with the bumps, because they're in the same phase as I am (sort of, though I am jealous of the about-to-pop bellies), but the babies make me a little nervous, because they are the hopeful, if-this-pregnancy-doesn't-fail(-please-oh-please-don't-let-it-fail) outcome. They represent what I want, what I'm so close to having, and thus, they represent the fear that I might lose one or both of these babies. Not so logical, I guess, but there it is. Of course, it generally takes me about 30 seconds to get over myself and I'm on to cooing over the adorableness of scrumptious little ones...
I am so very far behind in my reader- I knew this post was here yet couldn't for the life of me remember who wrote it when I mentioned it to nancy today! I agree with your bump/baby logic completely. Although I have to say that even before getting pregnant there was only ever one baby that I cried over- but a random stranger bump at the store would have me in tears some days. Maybe because I knew that even if it took years & happened in ways other than pregnancy I would eventually have a child- but experiencing a pregnancy was never a guarantee?
And these days I know enough to know that #2 may or may not ever happen. But I have the perfect baby (I don't doubt the fusspot's perfection, though!) and have no need for jealousy over other perfect babies...
I hope she's feeling better soon- it's never fun when your kiddo is sick- but getting puked on has to make just that much worse!
Seriously, fusspot is due a break. Poor little girl.
As for the bumps vs baby thing, I see where you are coming from. I honestly didn't get over the pg announcement sting until I had my second baby in my arms and knew that if I never had another, I'd be fine.
It's okay to be glad for someone else and sad for yourself all in the same breath. Be gentle with yourself. Go easy on your heart. It's had a rough ride.
Post a Comment