Tuesday, May 12, 2009

So this must be a growth spurt

Maybe I'm just tired because the fusspot has hit a growth spurt. Of course, I didn't really notice until one of my relatives in City Y mentioned that the fusspot was napping an awful lot. She took 4 naps between 8 am and 8 pm today, including a 2-hour afternoon nap.

And since she was asleep when I got home from work I decided to pump. Just to see if I could get enough for next week's trip to City Y with the hand pump. And then I got distracted reading blogs and didn't even look down at the pump until it stopped working. Because I had filled the 5 oz medela bottle in less than 5 minutes. I pumped about 8 oz total with a hand pump.

One of the odd things about being in City Y and living in my relative's home is that I don't have all my stuff around me. Like a clock I could read at night. So I never know how much I feed the fusspot here or for how long. But now it seems likely that she was eating a lot yesterday night and the night before, so maybe that explains my fatigue.

And let me add, not the worst timing on her part at all.

1 comment:

docgrumbles said...

wow! 8 oz? impressive.

Maybe there will be some welcome naps in the immediate future, followed by a new and slightly improved baby.