Sunday, May 31, 2009

Last night in NYC

Well, we're mostly packed. At least sufficiently packed that if tomorrow turns into a disaster we'll be ok. Because of course we have brunch plans, a baptism to attend, and then JD's parents invited themselves over. Hm.

Still need to find little things like my spare pump parts and European cell phone charger.

So just to keep ourselves busy this weekend JD bought theater tickets for tonight. We left the fusspot with a friend who has an 11-month-old and has been incredibly helpful with advice (and supplies) along the way so I was a bit surprised when she greeted me at the door with questions about the fusspot's bedtime routine, swaddling style, and eating preferences.

Maybe I'm just a bit negligent but the fusspot seems to be fine with just about anything. Sometimes we give her cold bottles, sometimes we heat them - she always eats them. We don't have a bedtime routine to mention. We just drop her in her crib around 8 pm or whenever we remember (I do want to start saying the shema aloud to her every night). She goes to sleep best swaddled with a pacifier, but she'll also fall asleep unswaddled as long as she's not alone. I haven't really noticed other preferences except a strong desire to nurse right before she's ready for bed.

And then, to top off a delightful adult evening we had wedding cake. Our wedding cake. Well, to be precise the-wedding-cake-replacement-served-at-my-baby-shower because the cake place botched our wedding cake so badly. And of course by my baby shower I was already a gestational diabetic so I just cut a nice large piece, stuck it in a piece of tupperware, boarded a plane from down South, stuck it in the fridge in the mini-apartment, moved it to our new grand apartment, added many other items to the infamous "freezer stash" so that it was hidden for months, and then panicked when cleaning up earlier today that the subletter would think we were weirdos and thus decided to defrost and eat it. And it wasn't that bad for the journey. 16 days until our very first wedding anniversary.

No comments: