I'm worried that I'm losing rightie. My little fusspot is equally happy to nurse on either side, and my LC keeps reassuring me that the baby is more efficient than the pump, but in the past day I have been able to get no more than 1 oz. from my right side. Since I usually pump 3-4 oz. from leftie, it's rather noticeable.
I have been starting my fusspot on the right side for the past week in the hopes that all of her attention would increase output there, but no luck. Any other ideas? I am not having issues keeping up with my expressed milk needs at the moment, but the fusspot is starting daycare in 2 months and I'm going to need at least 12 oz. for a full day so I could really use 2 working boobs come mid-July. Especially if* I want to delay solids for another couple of months.
*And the answer to that "if" is a resounding yes. I've decided - I don't want to do solids for a while yet. Now I just have to get my husband on board with that decision.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I am so happy (okay JEALOUS) that the fusspot traveled so well! LP is hit and miss, sigh.
One of my friends swears that adding calcium supplements, in addition to her normal prenatal vitamin, made a big difference in her milk supply. I just started using them 2 weeks ago to give it a try. I know how worrisome supply issues can be!
I hear you! My leftie doesn't respond well to the pump either but if I do before and after weights on Riley I find leftie actually does produce enough milk for him.
Thanks for the sweet comment about BFing on my blog. Like you I really wanted to delay solids but I have a feeling we will be giving in this week. I bought the box, now it is just a matter of time.
Post a Comment