Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Uh oh - carseat question

I just opened the Babytrend carseat my sister purchased for us (let me add - I delegated choosing a carseat to JD, and this is the one he picked. I presume he did his research, but don't ask me why we picked this one). We already have a used BabyTrend stroller base and a 2nd carseat base on the way, so I really don't want to return this one but ... it has the nastiest, grossest feeling cover over the plastic base. Nothing even close to cloth - it feels like a bathmat maybe, or some very, very plasticy surface. I have never before seen a carseat like this, and I have handled a lot of infant carseats at this point. Not at all cozy or inviting. Is it possible to buy a replacement carseat cover? Will that affect it's safety at all? And where do I find one (I couldn't on Amazon, where we found the carseat). Thanks!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think that you can buy replacement car seat covers, but the only place that I've seen them is directly from the manufacturers, for a specific model. I'd try the website for the carseat manufacturer. I've never seen generic car seat replacements, I think because the cover needs to be specifically designed for the car seat, so that it fits for all the straps