Whoever came up with this whole idea of living with your partner was quite brilliant. It is truly blissful.
Yes, we've lived together every summer since we started dating and done the whole commuting/long-distance thing, but it's different to finally set up an apartment that you both intend to share full-time for at least the following 9 months.
Yesterday night JD rearranged all the furniture in the apartment under my direction (it's all empty because we sublet the place - unpacking the closet is going to be a separate issue).
Then, when I got an awful leg cramp, he fixed it.
And then, at about midnight, disaster struck: I went to the bathroom and discovered that the roaches are still in residence. My long-time readers may remember that I am none too fond of roaches. And we live in a 1st floor apartment in NYC directly about the trash collection room for 3 large buildings.
So what did I do yesterday night? Scream? Call the poor doorman to commiserate? Flee the bathroom and refuse to shower for days (a frequent pattern in the spring). Nope.
I slowly and very calmly backed out of the bathroom and called JD. He took care of the roaches in residence, bleached the bathtub, found a new drain and weight for the bathtub, set out roach traps, and promised to talk to the super today. Brilliant.
Of course, I also left him a to-do list for the day that includes the bank, post office, hardware store, laundry, dry cleaners, supermarket, and of course meeting me at 6 pm for our midwife appointment. I'm definitely going to enjoy living together.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Heh. Yes, those men creatures are good for things every once in a while. Enjoy your cohabitation, you wild married woman, you!
Post a Comment