Thursday, September 11, 2008

No end in sight

I thought that all this stress would be over early next week. No longer. Seems there was a scheduling 'miscommunication,' and as expected, it is the student who gets screwed. I can't really explain the details, except that I have basically lost months and months of work and lost the time to do future work.

Needless to say I am taking to my bed. In a very, very belligerent mood.

And of course, in addition to stewing about the unfairness of the whole situation, I will be thinking about how much stress the poor baby has gone through this week and whether I can possibly continue to subject her to this amount of stress. Of course, high co.rt.is.ol was my initial IF problem, but the placenta produces it's own co.r.ti.sol and there are so few studies of women like me (because there are statistically so few of us) that no one knows what type of long-term damage this stress will cause to a fetus. One more thing to feel guilty about.

2 comments:

Io said...

Ug. I'm sorry about all the crap. I hope something good comes along.

Anonymous said...

Ugh...I'm sorry. I hope the situation improves quickly.