The baby woke up at 4:41 am this morning. Her parents did not pick her up until 4:56 am. I'm newly convinced that my bed is closer to the cradle than theirs. Oh well. Off to the airport again (I just got back to the states Friday).
Oh, and I've been meaning to write about my 'new diet.'
a. I hate diets. I don't do them.
b. I have a lot of food restrictions already: kosher, avoiding all trigger foods for IBS.
But my doctor really thinks that it might help to control my insulin levels to cut out all the simple carbs plus some (like fruit). He's actually doing a study comparing fertility drugs to changes in diet for severe PCOs and he seemed pretty confident in the results (one thing I love, love, love about this doctor is that he knows we're going to google stuff so he just goes ahead and tells us which journal articles to read. But apparently nothing good is published on this yet). I started when I got back from Europe, and I'm not sure how much longer I can do this. I feel nauseous about 1/4 of the time and famished 2/3 of the time. This ought to be my happy phase of an Atk.ins-like diet when I gorge on bacon and steak, except of course see b above. And since I'm sure the blog will shortly delve into way TMI, I get diarrhea every time I eat a full serving of a hard to digest food like, say, meat. That combined with the new NYT article about mercury levels in tuna yesterday, left me eating the following for lunch: 1 cucumber, 2 slices of salami, 12 pecans and a hunk of plain tofu. Wow. And I'm traveling today. Thus far the only thing I can consistently keep in my stomach is eggs, lots and lots and lots of hard boiled eggs.
After losing yet another meal to IBS, I spent a while looking for 'inspiration' online. And I came across something like 5 wanna-be inspirational articles in a row about women who had lost more than 100 pounds. Now I'm sure there's an audience for those stories, and I guess it's easier to to take fabulous before and after photos when you've lost a little more than the size of the suitcase which I seem to lug around the world from your body mass, but I can't imagine that audience is that big. I would be terrified to lose more than 25 lbs. I lost 1/3 of my body weight from an illness a few years ago and it was scary, really scary. So any ideas where to read about losing the reasonable 5-8 lb beer gut that wasn't?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I've always wondered why if the food moves through my body that quickly, how I manage to retain the calories of the food. Hope the "diet" helps with something and makes itself worthwhile? I hate diets too and as far as the IBS I take fiber tabs which usually work. Good luck with the TTC.
Post a Comment