The highlight of the day was the gorgeous, enormous bouquet of tulips on our table. I love tulips. I could leave it there, and suggest by absence that my darling husband has realized quite how hard it's been for me to have him out till midnight every night and stressed about work and being entirely unsupportive ... but the truth is that they came from a charming, bumbling 60-year-old Swedish tourist. The fusspot and I just happened to find his iphone while out on a forced 3 mile walk (Item #4 on our natural induction list) and I was honestly exceedingly proud of figuring out how to use such a fancy phone in a foreign language. And more than delighted when he showed up at our apartment to reclaim his phone with flowers in hand.
And another good big city story, this time from our last trip to L and D. That is only relevant because it explains why JD, the fusspot and I were out and about in a neighborhood which is distinctly not the one we live in rather late at night. One thing that I learned very quickly living in NYC and traveling a lot is that if you look confident and are even moderately dressed the part, you can breeze through all sorts of security and into places you clearly don't belong. Which is all just to explain that when JD got some type of important work call on his phone, rather than waiting on the street, the 3 of us popped into a rather fancy building. JD was chattering away, while typing on his blackberry, and I was trying to distract the fusspot from joining in on the conversation with the usual repertoire of jumping games/walking backwards/skipping/etc. At some point a rather busy-looking business guy with an entourage came breezing through the lobby. The fusspot and I were busy practicing our backwards walking while also sticking out our tongues, and somehow she managed to walk right into the lead guy who tripped. JD gave me a funny smirk from the corner, but I really thought nothing of it. I know it's probably not the very best attitude, but I glowered at the guy for tripping over my toddler, and we went back to walking backwards while sticking out our tongues (after all, he's the adult in the collision). It wasn't until an hour or so later that JD remarked "Yeah, pretty hard not to crack up on that phone call when the fusspot tripped the chairman of Goldm.an S.achs and you proceeded to give him a dirty look." Just another evening in the big city waiting to go into labor.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Oh that's fabulous!!! Only thing that would have been better would have featured your water breaking all over his expensive shoes at that moment ;o)
Post a Comment