Monday, August 30, 2010

whee

Failed the 1-hour glucose tolerance test. Three hour test scheduled for the end of this week.

I of course offered to skip the test, seeing as how in the -five- times that I have taken the test (4 non-pregnant, dating back to age 12) I have never passed it. But the midwives suggested that the GD clinic would appreciate precise numbers. Here's four extra blood draws in honor of 'precise numbers.'

And yes, the current schedule means that I will be off to the diabetes clinic by Week 15 at the latest.

Let the stockpiling of desserts for March and April begin.

3 comments:

Ms. J said...

Ahhh yes, I remember very well your tales of putting desserts into storage for post-baby!

Sorry you have to go through this again, although it seems like you have someone much better there to medically support you in terms of nutrition this time around.

Nicky said...

Welcome to the club. Blech! The test was annoying for me not because of the four blood draws but because of the complete waste of three hours. (And I'm saying that even though I thought that I would pass it!)

Katie said...

I'm so sorry that you'll have to deal with this again. . . but think of how sweet everything will taste in March and April.